Saturday, February 11, 2017

Free, Indeed

Somewhere along the winding way
As I was following You day to day
And calling out Your precious name
You broke off all my shame

Somehow in the meandering flow
While I set my focus on what I know
To be true of who You were, are, and will be
You cut a cord that set me free

You released me

And though I don't know why it took
So long for me to finally look
Like the girl You created me to be
I'm just glad...

You released me

And now when I'm not sure of myself
I will believe that I'm enough
'Cause for freedom's sake, You set me free
For Your own glory...

You released me

I am one whom the Son set free
And I am free, indeed!


So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. -John 8:36, NIV
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. -Galatians 5:1